Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's Just The Tiniest Thing

I don't know what's been up with me lately. The tiniest thing has been able to set me off. It might just be the combination of all the goings on in life have started to become too much for me to handle. Today I got a ticket & freaked the hell out about it. I think it was mostly because I know my insurance is already going to be raised because I got into an accident and now it will be raised even more because of this ticket.
Got into an accident and barely scratched this lady's truck & she felt the need to report it to the police who then decided that he needed to give me a ticket... me, the person who had my license & current insurance (which she did not have & did not get a ticket). My parents couldn't understand why I was freaking out so much which I guess I shouldn't have been hyperventilating and all, hah. But I don't get paid til the middle of next month and I'm tired of being The Artful Dodger that's picking my parents' pockets all the time. I'm twenty years old and I'm not so stupid to think that we're completely and totally financially okay. I also know that I'm one of the biggest reasons my family hardly ever has any money... they're paying for my insurance, gas, apartment, cell phone, tuition, books, 6 prescription medications, frequent doctors visits & medical tests (in the past year I had 4 or 5 MRIs, a Discogram, CT Scan, and two Epidural Injections).
I think I freaked about this ticket today because I linked all of the things together quickly in my head. I thought, 'If I continue on my way to buy groceries, I won't have enough money to pay for this ticket, and then my parents will have to pay it, but then I won't be able to eat, but I can't ask them to pay this ticket, how am I gonna live!' It's crazy how I ultimately link not being able to go grocery shopping to starving to death... but that's where I wound up & I ultimately didn't buy groceries today. I went home and went to bed, trying to forget 'my horrible day' which definitely could've been much worse. I think by the time I wound up in my bed, my crying was no longer really about my ticket but more so about the compilation of things I'm upset about in life right now that I just haven't been able to deal with.
My mom called me after my nap and told me not to worry about my ticket & that she would give me some money so that I could pay the ticket & also get groceries... I still don't know how I feel about it but for now I don't have any other option than to accept her money. And no I don't want to sell myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment