Monday, January 4, 2010

Moving On Is a Process

Though, in my previous post I said that the new year doesn't necessarily come with new beginnings, I did two things as this new year began that have begun to liberate me. I deleted my ex's number from my phone & I deleted him off my facebook. Now this isn't to say that I plan on cutting him out of my life completely. However, it puts me in a place where I can only talk to him and find out what's going on in his life if he talks to me first. In this, I'm letting him have a fair chance at falling in love with someone else. And allowing myself to maybe move on as well. With me not being able to constantly text him/im him, he'll have more room to let someone else in... and this time maybe he'll be able to let them completely into his heart & not push them away because he's still hung up on me. I still love him and would love for him to wind up with me but at this point I don't think that's where he wants to wind up & I need to stop thinking that that's where it's all heading. So... this is my first step in really really trying to just be friends with him. In order to do that, right now, I can be there for him when he needs/wants to talk but that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment