Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's Sucking the Money Out of My Pockets

So, since when did all the books at Barnes & Noble become fifteen dollars or more? I'm pretty sure just last year I bought a novel for around seven or eight dollars. Then again, everything seems to be more expensive these days. A movie ticket is nine dollars at my local movie theater, the icecream I bought tonight was nearly four dollars, and you can't buy a decent meal out without spending at least ten dollars.
I mean it's logical to think, 'Well, of course over your life things are going to become more expensive.' But hey guys! All of these things just happened within the past year! This crappy economy is sucking the money right out of my pockets. No one is buying stuff because they don't have the money to do so & then the government thinks it's a good idea to raise minimum wage in the middle of this economic crisis so that businesses have to raise their prices even more & then people can go ahead & not buy stuff even more. It's all just awesome!
All that said, there's still stuff that you have to buy... like, gas, groceries, etc. So, of course, I'm still gonna buy the five dollar cereal and the four dollar milk cuz you know a sister has to survive (and yes, of course I'm exaggerating about my milk & cereal being that expensive but it seriously is getting there). I don't really have a choice in the matter of buying food just what kind of food I buy. Things like that suck. It means that this year I'm not gonna get to have as much fun times at school... lol, especially since my Sugah Momma isn't around anymore to pay for those fun times.
Yeah, I've gotta start paying for myself this year and that should be interesting... I'll definitely need a job. Where should I apply? Most people make fun of me cuz I'm so short & tell me to apply at the little kids stores because I could fit into the clothes & I'd be on the customer's level. Honestly, I like hanging out with little kids so I just might do that. But, where else?

No comments:

Post a Comment